Wednesday, September 20, 2017

My First College 'Party'

The Last Card TrickHave I mastered clickbait? I was pretty proud when I came up with that title :)

So the other night I went to a rootbeer kegger thrown by a Christian organization on campus. I was really pleased that some of the dorms have a bible study group and that there are plenty of choices so if one doesn't seem like a good fit I can try another one.

For those of you who went to church with me, you might have noticed that I left SPC after 11th grade. I was very displeased with the leadership and the way the student leadership was run and decided to leave leading and the church in general since I didn't feel like I really belonged. I worshiped on my own but wasn't getting as much out of it as I wanted to. I was really looking forward to getting into a group when I went off to school.

HAHAHAHAI think what I am most looking forward to is exploring the various denominations of Christianity. I was a Presbyterian for a long time, mostly because that was just the kind of church I went to. I really liked that they approved of gay marriage since that is not often a belief many Christian churches I have been exposed to endorse, granted it has been a very long time since I went to a different church so maybe things have changed. I also liked that women were welcome to be pastors, but that might be common in other Christian denominations too.

I am looking forward to growing my faith this year and having God by my side as I start life on my own and learn how to be my own person.

 ~MG

No comments:

Post a Comment