Wednesday, May 26, 2021

Weight Loss Journey with Noom

It's no secret that a lot of people have been trying to lose weight since gaining the 'covid 15,' only to give up when it's hard. I was very proud of myself because I actually lost 15 pounds on weight watchers at the start of covid. However, I didn't keep it off for long and actually gained an additional 5 pounds on top of the 15. I hated the way I looked, but with the recent addition of a pain medication to help my fibromyalgia. While the medication has been helpful and I can actually get a decent night's sleep, I feel like the weight gain has increased my pain.  

Alex texted me the other day saying that we should sign up for Noom, a weight loss program based in psychology. I had heard of it before but was still paying for weight watchers each month, thinking if I kept paying for it I would eventually go back to it. I remembered hearing all the ads for Noom on various podcasts I listen to and decided to give it a try. 

Today is day 8 I believe and I am down just about 3 pounds. So far I have learned about scale anxiety (which I definitely suffer from), caloric density and how the same amount of calories in different foods fills you up differently, how to believe in myself, and so much more. I can't believe how much of weight loss is just about believing! Not only is Noom helping me with my weight, it's actually helping me a lot with my anxiety too. So much of my weight gain is tied to how stressed I was, well, am, and learning new ways to help me destress is so helpful. 

There are days I wish I was just healthy and slimmer now, but I know it's about the journey. I know it's all about learning healthy habits. I think that's why I like Noom so much, I feel like it's okay to slip up because you're always learning new things. I think my biggest challenge is my love of carbs and sweets, but I know now that those are learned cravings and what can be learned can be unlearned. I'm starting to eat things that used to give me such pleasure and just finding them not worth the calories. I think I felt like eating was the way I could find instant joy in a sometimes stressful day. When you work with people, there can be a lot of stressful or frustrating days. 

I feel hopeful about losing weight and feeling better about myself for the first time this year. I know it's important to instill healthy habits in myself now while I'm still young, and finding new ways to relieve my stress other than eating. I've taken up reading again which has been such a huge help. Having Alex do this with me makes it easier as well.

~MG


1 comment:

  1. I had my TL a little more than a year ago when my third child was born via c-section. I was not told ANYTHING about the possible side effects of having this procedure. Since then I have experienced heavy bleeding lasting sometimes 3 weeks out of the month, weight gain, severe mood swings. Severe cramping, changes to my libido, severe depression accompanied by suicidal thoughts, headaches, migraines, many new symptoms & older issues are now exacerbated. The father of two of my children doesn't want me anymore. I've become too much of a pain in the ass I guess. We don't talk. We don't sleep in the same bed. I think he might really think I am crazy... & maybe I am. I feel crazy a lot of the time.
    I'm unpredictable. I feel so angry about the whole thing & now what was once a mild fear of doctors has exploded into full on white coat syndrome that causes me to have a panic attack/hypertensive emergency (severe increase in blood pressure) whenever I have to deal with them. I'm not sure what to do... I fear the next time I have to see a doctor I'll have a stroke or a heart attack from the stress & anxiety of it... what do I do? I take my time and keep searching on internet looking for natural healing that how I came across Dr Itua herbal center website and I was so excited when Dr Itua told me to calm down that he will help me with his natural remedy I put my hope on him so I purchase his herbal medicines which was shipped to my address I used it as prescribed guess what? I'm totally healed my cramp pain is gone completely I also used his Anti Bacteria herbal medicines it's works for me very well I want anyone with health problem to contact Dr Itua herbal center for any kind diseases remedies such as Parkinson, Herpes, ALS, MS, Diabetes, Hepatitis, Hiv/Aids,Cancers, Men & Women Infertility, I got his email address  drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com he has any kind of herbal remedies for women & men also for our babes. I really miss my Hunni...he's a fantastic father & a good man. He doesn't deserve this. I feel like an empty shell of who I used to be...www.drituaherbalcenter.com

    ReplyDelete